Chartering Manager, Dubai
- Strong market awareness
- Ability to work in a challenging and fast-paced international shipping environment.
- A team player with committed and flexible attitude.
- Highly organized with excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- High level of literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must be able to maintain honesty and integrity at all times
Role and responsibilities:
- Market analysis and forecast; including trends, seasonal demand, political sentiment etc.
- Voyage comparison and recommendation considering vessel cost and availability, load, discharge and bunker ports, fuel prices, port costs, insurance, etc.
- Counterparty checks and contract negotiation
- Charter party review and negotiation
- Client development and management
- Internal reporting / communications on vessel / cargo availability
- Fixture handover to the Operations team
- Trade lane development and expansion within assigned region
- Computer entry into specific system for hedging and operational purposes
- Financial post voyage analysis
Qualification and education requirements:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience relevant experience.
- Commercial or shipping related degree an advantage but not essential
- Fluent in English
- Comfortable with using various IT systems.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Applications are being reviewed on an ongoing basis but the closing date is 30th September 2022.
All enquiries will be handled privately and confidentially.