Dry Bulk Charterer, Sydney
- Strong market awareness
- Ability to work in a challenging and fast-paced international shipping environment.
- A team player with committed and flexible attitude.
- Highly organized with excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- High level of literacy and numeracy skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must be able to maintain honesty and integrity at all times
Role and responsibilities:
- Market analysis and forecast; including trends, seasonal demand, political sentiment etc.
- Voyage comparison and recommendation considering vessel cost and availability, load, discharge and bunker ports, fuel prices, port costs, insurance, etc.
- Counterparty checks and contract negotiation
- Charter party review and negotiation
- Client development and management
- Internal reporting / communications on vessel / cargo availability
- Fixture handover to the Operations team
- Trade lane development and expansion within assigned region
- Computer entry into specific system for hedging and operational purposes
- Financial post voyage analysis
Qualification and education requirements:
- Commercial or shipping related degree an advantage but not essential
- Fluent in English
- Comfortable with using various IT systems.
Applications are being reviewed on an ongoing basis but the closing date is 30th September 2022.
All enquiries will be handled privately and confidentially.