- Strong market awareness
- Ability to work well within a team in a multi zone environment
- Highly organized with excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must be able to maintain honesty and integrity at all times
Role and responsibilities:
- Monitor the day-to-day operation of the vessels.
- Monitor, control and supervise the cargo operation.
- Provide information and pre-caution regarding the cargo, port, route and etc. to the master when necessary.
- Appoint agent and protective agent when necessary. Check and approve the estimate and final PDA.
- Coordinate with the agent for the vessel arrival and departure formalities and berthing and un-berthing.
- Assist the master to prepare on / off hire.
- Monitor the vessel bunker and fresh water consumption and arrange bunker and fresh water supply.
- Provide vessel berthing, cargo operation, departure information and bunker quantity, cargo hold condition and etc to chartering manager.
- Monitor charterers redelivery notice and sending delivery notice to next charterers.
- Coordinate with present and next charterers for joint off / on hire survey.
- Coordinate the insurance company and PNI Club for insurance and claim issues.
- Coordinate and settle the C/P dispute include underperformance and other claims.
- Coordinate with PNI Club to arrange pre-loading survey for steel cargo and other high value cargoes.
- Coordinate with charterers and managing company for vessel transit HRA include armed guards and insurance arrangement.
- Prepare the hire / freight invoice. Monitor the hire / freight payment and collection. Settle balance hire / freight.
- Calculate the lay-time, settle demurrage and dispatch
- Budget and Planning, Risk management of all shipping operations activities.
Qualification and education requirements:
- A minimum of 5 years’ active experience in shore based ship operations
- Comfortable with using various IT systems
- Knowledge of port and shipboard dry bulk operations
- Maritime or related industry tertiary qualification an advantage
Applications are being reviewed on an ongoing basis but the closing date is 30th September 2022.
All enquiries will be handled privately and confidentially.