Fleet Performance, Mumbai
- In depth understanding of Liquid cargo / oil quantity surveys and calculations
- Bunkering operations and related disputes
- Good understanding of worldwide weather seasons and storm tracks/ship routeing
- Commercial understanding of performance related CP clauses
Role and responsibilities:
- Monitor technical managers on monitoring and managing performance of owned ships.
- Monitor live performance of full fleet and analyse vessel’s performance on completed voyages.
- Targeting ships –target vessels for bunker investigative surveys and arrange, coordinate same as required.
- Research & trials – energy saving devices, performance monitoring and enhancing technology to be fitted on board owned/chartered fleet.
- Hull fouling: manage hull fouling and guide Ops/tech managers on same.
- Performance claims: manage same and guide Ops on disputes / support to legal team.
- Wx routing services – review performance, pricing, engage with vendors for optimum service to MUR.
- Support/consultation to Bunker team on Bunkering/De-bunkering, quantity/quality disputes and surveys.
- Support/consultation to Ops, Chartering and legal teams on various Vessel performance related issues, clauses, disputes and any other marine operations related matters as required.
Qualification and education requirements:
- Minimum 24 months sailing experience on ships as Deck officer or Marine Engineer (Chief officer or 2nd Marine Engineer license will be added advantage)
- Experience on liquid cargo measurements / bunker surveys
- Fluent in English
- Comfortable with using various IT systems.
- Sailing experience on Bulkers (added advantage)
- Some experience in commercial operations (added advantage)
Applications are being reviewed on an ongoing basis but the closing date is 31 July 2023.
All enquiries will be handled privately and confidentially.